Sunday, March 27, 2011

Somebody got this right!

Before I start…I have to say that living in Palm Springs, I was constantly trying to find a place to have coffee, let my kids play AND enjoy adult conversation with a girlfriend…I kept waiting for the Tully’s guys to come back into the Desert Sage so I could “pitch” this to them and give them a one up on Starbucks…alas, our paths did not cross again, but I never have forgotten my ideas…I even wondered why 24 Hour Fitness didn’t have their own little nail spa so that you could enjoy a pedi alone while your kiddos were in the gym…

142

Step into “Parent Heaven”…I mean, if that sign above doesn’t get you, the rest of this will…The weather is getting warmer and with 3 kids wanting to move around, you need somewhere clean and safe to get out and about!

MONKEY BUSINESS…Who doesn’t love a little monkey business?  We arrive and they say no socks, no entrance…I’m fine with that, I will buy 5 pairs of socks…for $1 each (Adidas, Puma…not the crap you get when you have to buy a pair of socks at “Pump it Up”).  EVERYONE is wearing socks…the employees, the waitstaff, all parents…NICE!  Will be extra clean.  Not only that, but they shot each kid in the head…with a thermometer to make sure they didn’t have a fever…(how come play areas don’t do this at home…probably a lawsuit).  Look out and WOW!  Jump slides, an enormous jungle gym and ball pit, 3 separate areas for kids of different ages to play…

Babies:

122

1 to 4 year olds with another climbing area:

032 (9)

 136

4 and older (and the 2 & 3 year olds who want the big kid stuff):

128

My head was spinning…I looked around at Mommy’s sipping wine, Dad’s drinking beer, a true cafe with delicious cappuccinos and a FULL menu…there was a large lounge area with couches and coffee tables to put your feet up, tables for sitting and eating and actual high chairs (not such a big deal for my friends at home, but in the 4 months I’ve been here, there has not been ONE high chair in ANY restaurant we’ve visited).  You could sit in one spot and watch your kids playing while visiting and drinking wine…031 (8)117127

Then I ordered some food:

  137$7 for this pizza (fed 3 of us)…and it was YUM-O.  Super cheesy, good flavor and just delish…not the cardboard crap you get at chuck-e-cheese or the salad bar you are afraid to visit because you don’t know what you will find.

…and I was sitting there watching my babes have fun, jumping in bounce houses with Zachary and watching the boys crawl all over and notice themselves in the mirror…I looked over and saw a mom getting a foot massage (that’s $6 is for 1 hour).  HOW DOES IT GET ANY BETTER? 

For a $6 entrance fee (for all of us…me, Leak, Zachary & the twins)…we enjoyed our time without music blaring in our ears (ala “Pump it Up”), had good food and watched Zachary’s face light up at being at a “jump store” again!!  (We had been watching videos of when he was a baby and he kept telling me he missed our old house)…we got a little piece of home for this boy and mama was happy to sit back and enjoy it!

114 119 120 124 129 130 135 138 139 141

So who’s in?…we’ll open our own “monkey business”!?  We won’t have $3 pedicures, but we can have the rest!!!  WHO’S COMING TO VISIT US NEXT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Brave Z
Crawling Brando

No comments:

Post a Comment