Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big Boy Z…

 

053 054

This day was inevitable, but I was expecting it later rather than sooner.  Uncle Bob arrived and I thought they should spend some time in Kep overnight…they could go down today and ride back with Jim tomorrow…Daddy has been trying to get Zachary down for an overnight trip for quite sometime…I didn’t think Zachary was ready for it…but mostly, didn’t think I was ready for it.  I’m not…but if there was every going to be a trial run, it was the time.  He could ride down with Uncle Bob and come home with Dad and everyone the next day.  ONE NIGHT AWAY.  I can do it.  I can smile and make him feel excited.  I can tell him he is going to have to much fun.  I can pack his bag and his snacks and snap pictures without tears as he walks away like a big boy.  I can hug him one time (OK…5.76) and tell him to be good.  I can wave good bye and keep the tears in until the car can no longer be seen by me.  I can run upstairs and pick up his baby brother and hold him while I cry and realize this day will come for them as well…In the meantime, so happy Zachary is getting to have some fun away and test his legs.  It’s not easy on this mama…the only times he has ever been away from me can be counted on less than one hand…and 3 of those 4 nights were me being in a hospital…So…Big Boy Z…I love you and your little smile and the way you just seem to have grown up.  You are your own little person with big ideas, funny sayings, little quirks, temper tantrums, lots of smiles, big kisses, long hugs, loving cuddles and bright eyes.  Our home is extra quiet today without you in it…I love you…have fun and come home safe tomorrow!

056 058 060 061 063 065 066

No comments:

Post a Comment