Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Perks…

I am enjoying myself in SE Asia…there are a lot of great benefits to being here!  I have excellent help to help me with my kiddos and house…I can buy things for really really really cheap!  Weekly, we have fresh flowers I the house…for $2.75, I can all of these:

003004

…now a vase is another story!  Everywhere I look, they are $35 to $40 for something I would spend $5 on at home…so, I save every wine bottle or candle holder or face tonic bottle I can…it works!! 

(…and don’t forget to notice the beautiful turquoise/gold candles next to the flowers on the dining table…I’m torn with burning those suckers out to have the vases…or taking my time because candles are hard to come by!  Thank you Auntie Cake!)

…and we went to the BKK market (you’ve seen pictures on the blog…where Zach is touching the pig nose?!) today with $10 and came home with this AND $2.25 in our pockets!

007

4 shirts for Khamary’s growing belly, 2 watermelons, one papaya, 8 mangos, 12 cucumbers, 15 limes, 5 bunches of mint and 1 kilo of mandarins!  Now THAT’s shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment