Thursday, March 24, 2011

Acupuncture!

…I’ve always loved acupuncture…and I love the fact that it costs $12 to have it done here.  For some reason, I could not stand up straight last Friday (probably the incessant coughing fits I was having threw my back out).  Anyway, Saturday was no better, so off to the guide books/google pages I go…Hua Ming Center with a sweet little lady who reminded me of my grandma.  We didn’t understand a word spoken to each other…she got the book out and asked me to tell her what was wrong (besides the fact that I was hobbling into the place)…I pointed to the phrase, “I have ongoing pain in my lower back”…that fit the bill the best.  She kept pointing at constipation (not a problem here) and menstrual cramps (again…not an issue when you don’t have a uterus).  The only thing that came close to telling her I didn’t have a uterus, was pointing to the area of the book where it says “sterile”.

The place was spotless and as she hobbled around in 4 inch heels pushing a chair because her back was out, I didn’t have any reservations (I know, call me crazy)…

002Here is she counting over and over my dose of pills to take.  No idea what they were, but strangely enough, I took them as directed and feel better!  (there were about 25 pills per day and they looked like M&M’s)

I am a bit crazy…I love that feeling of the needles going in…it’s “electrifying”…and not in a greased lightening sort of way!!!  She hooked the two main culprits points to a machine that sent an electric pulse to my back and that area for 30 minutes straight.  It was a bit shocking at first and I didn’t know if I was going to be able to tolerate it…well, who knows how long later, drool dripping down my face and snort from a snore that woke me up, I was feeling much better…then I heard loud popping noises that sounded like a popping fart coming from the guy in his undies next to me.  I HAD to peek…cupping?  My turn came and it felt pretty good…four hot cups suctioned to my back then moved around (that part didn’t feel so good on the spine).  After their removal, she hit me pretty hard with something…no idea what it was, but it felt good too…then rolled me over for more electro-therapy.  All with grunts and motions!

Here are the goods used on my back…I didn’t want to freak her out by taking pictures, so I did it with the flash off while she was counting pills with her back to me!…a massager, 4 cups, a lighter, a burned alcohol soaked cotton ball, something to hit me with and needles.

006 005 004 

A good experience, I liked her, I feel GREAT…and besides feeling great, I guess the best part was her trying to instruct me inserting a suppository.  She gave me 3, so I guess she didn’t really understand that I’m NOT constipated!

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the woman...I don't think I'd have the courage. At least you are feeling better, even though you got wacked! ;o)

    ReplyDelete