Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mr. Independent

The day has come when Zachary likes to choose what to wear!  I’m kind of excited, because I don’t really care what he wears, as long as he is dressed…he’s had this “naked thing” going on for a little too long!  Plus…the outfits…they really make you smile!  Today, he insisted on wearing his rash guard and “’awaii trunks” to school…OK…when kids where pajamas and toe’d socks to school, how can you argue this point?

002

…and he gets his own after school snacks…a pan of brownies with a “teeny tiny baba”…as he knows they are ALL going to the Easter Bunny in a few weeks…he’s excited about it now…we’ll see what happens at bedtime on Easter!!

009

He’s FINALLY taking to getting haircuts…never really been a fan, but he likes not having to rinse his hair a lot during showers!  He even talked about it at school today…his teacher told me he said, “This time he went to a hairdresser, but usually, his mama cuts it!”…for $.75, it’s not worth the tears for me to cut it!  Plus, this time, I was able to psych him up…there was a 7 year old girl there watching him and I just kept telling him she thinks he’s so handsome (it’s true…doesn’t everyone think he’s handsome?)

012

…and once again, “boogers are ‘alicious”

015017

…and while we’re on haircuts, he has his own idea of what pretty, beautiful, handsome, old are. 

  • A woman with a very pretty face and a short haircut who was chatting with him at the grocery store…NOT a pretty girl…a handsome girl.
  • Mama is still a girl, but she has old lady hair…and even though I have old lady hair, he will STILL sleep next to me and loves me no matter what!
  • He is just SO handsome…by his own statement of facts.

Another thought for tonight…Jim is gone, so I said he could sleep with me…right before he was to fall asleep, he sits up and says, “Oh, no.  Gerry is going to be lonely in my room.  Please open the door and tell him to sleep in here.”…so, being the good mama I am, I open the door and whisper, “Gerry, Zachary is sleeping in here tonight, please come in here.”  After the obligatory 5 second wait, I shut the door.  He tells me that Gerry needs to sleep in bed and cuddle up next to Thomas.  They can sleep on Daddy’s side of the bed.  “we will all cuddle tonight, mama.  You, me, Thomas & Gerry!”  He has a very active imagination!

So off to bed I go…with my boy, a cat and a mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment