Saturday, March 5, 2011

Elephants…and apologies

We attempted to ride Sambo again today, but we got there after he was “closed” (Zach’s version of the story)…he truly was gone and it was after his “riding hours”…but I just love Z’s mind and how it works…which takes me to a sidenote…

I have to be careful how I explain things to Zachary.  He is quite ornery a lot of the time, but he is very sensitive.  Sok’im’s grandmother died last week, so she was gone most of the week, came home for 2 days and left again today for the final part of the funeral.  Zachary wanted her to come to the market with us and I had to explain to him that her Grammie had died.  I said when someone dies, you need to say, “I’m sorry your grandma died.”  I almost sobbed when he said it and got tears in his eyes and said, “Did Zachary make Sok’im’s grammie die?”  Oh, Lord…he knows what dying means and I didn’t even think about him not knowing the different meanings of sorry.  He was very upset for her and asked her if she still had a grampie to love.  I explained that you just say, “I’m sad for you that your grammie died.”  He understood that and I felt a lot better.  Poor baby…Mama needs to think things through more thoroughly sometimes.

…and after that, it feels calloused to post pictures of Zachary and his elephant…so I will post another.

No comments:

Post a Comment