Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome Home…

005

Those of you who know me really know, know that black is “not my color”…I’m more of a brown kinda gal!  So when we moved in and everything was black (the couch, the chairs, the coffee table, the entertainment center) I really had to put on a thinking cap to bring my beloved brown into the mix!  Because we ALL know you just can’t throw brown curtains up when everything around it is black!  For weeks, I had envisioned some more “modern” looking curtains that had circles with brown & black…well, behold, my curtains!!!!  At the market, I saw this material and it was like I had envisioned it to life!  For $1 per sq. meter and $9 per window, I couldn’t really say no.  (for the record, I had custom curtains for a 3500 sq ft house made for $200…all in!  I’m not crazy about “drapes” and I’m not crazy about “valances”…but I don’t have my tools and didn’t figure I needed to remove the current hardware and install new rods, so I worked with what I had!)

I like our house, I like the neighborhood and now it’s finally becoming a home!!!

 

Our main room is quite large…and with the stairs…I knew we needed a play area downstairs…enter alphabet mats and custom made bookshelves…(all for less than $150)

004

I’m trying to figure out what to paint on the wall to “finish it off”!

003

And here are a few before and after shots…I’m not done, by any means…but I do feel like this is finally home and I like…strike that…love being here!

001

 006

moms camera 134007

      

002

   

moms camera 128007

006 

 

moms camera 129008

moms camera 125 009

Today I got a little teary, hearing a song and I smelled something that reminded me of Edinburgh Street…I loved the way I felt walking in that front door…the smell that made it home…the color of the walls…each piece of furniture made to work together…but I realize that life is about change and I’m enjoying my new lot!

3 comments:

  1. They look terrific T. And they really help transform the rooms. I knew that you would be able to make your own. I'm so happy that you're getting settled into your new home.

    But I still miss you. XOXO

    = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new curtains look fab! You are amazing. You so seem to have settled in your new life. Enjoy it! Love on those boys for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are doing a wonderful job of making that house a home. Love it!! Those curtains change the look so much! Someday, I'll visit you there, like I did in CA!

    ReplyDelete