Thursday, February 24, 2011

MAMAMAMAMAMAMA

Little Trevor calls me Mama now…I remember when Zachary said it for the first time…hearing all these things from my boys…

  • “I love you”
  • “Mama”
  • “You’re my best friend”
  • “Just cuddle me”
  • “I just want to be close to you”
  • “Mama”

…reminds you that you are a mama…in my head and heart I’ve been a mama since I saw 2 lines, but hearing it from them makes me think how much longer will I be the person…

  • who can kiss a boo boo away
  • who gives the best hugs
  • who will “carry me downstairs”
  • who’s the funniest person in the world
  • who is their best friend
  • who is their favorite person

…and I get a little sad because I know it won’t be that way forever…right now I am Number One in their life…so the next time Zach asks me to chase him, or cuddle him, or play with him…or Trevor says my name and reaches up for me…or Brandon stares at me from the across the room until I look up and his whole face brightens into a smile…I will not take those moments for granted…I will stop and hear what they are saying and enjoy every bit of love these boys want to give me…

T.Maternity

Twins1

1 comment: