Saturday, April 10, 2010

Zach-iontary

Translating for a 2 year old can be a bit tricky (and tough on a pregnant mind) at times! Here are a few of his favorite words and their "translation":

Ach: Zach
Cho: Shower
Tray: Dragon
Ban: Bandaid
Poon: Spoon
Crean: Ice Cream
Per: Diaper
Bach: Vacuum

He's talking all of the time now, mostly telling me what to do...but I have to pay such close attention because if I don't understand one of the words, well, time for a meltdown!
For those of you who know Jim and I fairly well...you know neatness is, well, mostly a necessity in our lives...without it, we are a little cranky and out of sorts...our OCD kicks in and we have to have a clean house, clean car, no tartar on our teeth...it goes on and on...so it's funny to me that Zach, at 2, already has some of these traits...Poor guy! After he takes a bite, if his hands are dirty, he needs me to wipe them before he dirties them with his next bite! If he spills something, he immediately comes and finds me to tell me to clean it up...if his diaper is too wet in the middle of the night, he wakes me up and says, "All wet, change per!" His favorite thing to do right now is point out dirty cars...rather, "dirty dirty cars" (with a strong look of disdain on his face). He tells me that they need a "car cho". He knows what "Car Cho's" are because he's not really a fan of them. I usually have to recline my seat all of the way and get in the back seat with him during a "car cho"...therefore, I've taken to getting the car washed when he with Mimi or a sitter! Anyway, he loves to walk thru a parking lot holding my hand, pointing out dirty cars, whether the owner is right there or not. He tells me, "dirty dirty car...needs car cho"...he's a boy after our own hearts...it will drive him crazy as he gets older...having to have clothes folded a certain way, vacuum lines in the carpet, no streaks on the windows, no stains on the carpet, clean cars...oh, the list DOES go on and on!

Sooo...for the time being, here's to my boy who's perfect just the way he is!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you learn to double fist it?? Must of been mama!!!

    ReplyDelete