Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Library day!

(Slightly irritated with blogger.com tonight...won't let me move my pictures around...my back hurts and I'm tired, so here it is...not gonna fight the damn thing tonight!)







Today was Zach's first day at the Library Reading in La Quinta...fortunately they made it very clear at the beginning that this was a class where the kids could run around, talk during the story and get their own books...because Zach did all of those! The only time he was completely attentive was during the song they each got to hold a maraca and shake it. At that point, he didn't want my lap, another book or anything except a chair and his maraca! He was VERY disappointed to give it back...in fact, he was the only one who cried big old alligator tears when we had to (out of about 30 kids)! He knows what he likes! He learned a few new songs which he was singing throughout the day. I think we'll go back next week...and Mimi said she would come along to help me chase him!

After library time, we stopped by Mimi's for lunch...he "drove" her race car, honked the horn and bossed she & I around on the piano...he would tell her to get up, me to sit, where to sit and when my turn was up!

Our new dishwasher came today and Z was thrilled with the new box for a "house"...he climbed in and on it, had snacks in it, watched the TV and just enjoyed the "free" box (all for the price of a new dishwasher)!!!

Finished the day off with a visit to TT & Cam's house...they played, had snacks and Uncle John was home working on his motorcycles! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, but Uncle John put him on his big dirt bikes, showed him how to make it go (don't worry Mimi, they weren't on AND they were on big blocks) by turning the handle and Cam even got on behind him! Needless to say, another meltdown when it was time to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment