Thursday, April 22, 2010

Aall-Burt!

Today was an exciting day for Zachary...he got to meet his old doggy, Albert! Along the way, he talked to Gram in Alaska, smelled some flowers, went to the chiropractor with Mama & made his way over to Mimi's to play with Albert and have fun!

ALBERT...
...And the way he says his name is just too cute! He's finally using more than one syllable for a word, so he was able to pronounce Al-Burt...in two syllables! Quite cute. Albert wasn't too sure of Zach at first...he never really was fond of children (althoug he did love baby Zach back in the day). Lucky for Albert & Zach, Zach had plenty of snacks to "drop" around the house and Albert quickly came over to "Team Zach"!!! The way they played was just so cute and it makes me really sad that Zach is allergic to doggies and can't have one of his own...I mean, even if we still had Albert, he would have to go somewhere else this winter, as we can't take him to Cambodia with us...but he sure was loving that Albert doggy! They chased each other and were little buddies! It was fun to have him with a spunky doggy who could keep up with him and one that I trusted...(we miss Annie & Katy...they loved Zach too).





PHONE CALL TO ALASKA...
...Gram called this morning and wanted to "chat" with Z...so he got the phone and walked around the house in his diaper, carrying his marker and bottle and talking to Gram. It was also very sweet...he was telling Gram about his Dada and he went and picked up a picture of him and brought it to the phone to "show" Gram that he missed his Dada. He was telling Gram that Dada was at work and he wanted him to come home. Very sweet...very touching...very sad for a Mama...


SMELLING THE FLOWERS...
...Our friend George came over to put the dishwasher in this morning and when he left for a Home Depot run, Mama didn't lock the front door and within minutes of George leaving, I heard it open and went outside and Zach was very sweetly telling me he just wanted to smell the flowers...and proceeded to smell every flower in the pot (they don't even have a scent!) to prove his point! He knows he's not supposed to be going out the front...but he also already knows diversion!



CHIROPRACTOR DEFENDER...
...I needed to see the chiropractor today...OI! My back was killing me...he always said I could bring Zach in (but he'd never met him)...LOL. Well, Zach was a little Angel...sucking on the different lollipops they offered him and when we went into the adjustment, he was walking around the room and calling the spine model a "tray" (dragon)! LOL...but when the Doc came to adjust me, little Zach put his hand on my arm and stood by my the entire time...did not want to move and kept rubbing my arm, like he was protecting me...Papa was wondering if I was imagining it, but I wasn't...even the Dr. commented on how adorable he was "protecting" me! ...and I get TWO MORE boys to love and love me back! God knows me!!



CALL IT A DAY...

...so after a nice dinner of steak and potatoes and running around with Albert, Z got a nice hot bubble bath in Mimi's HUGE tub and Papa started the fire in the fire pit and we relaxed and headed home!



Zach kept wanting to "blow the fire out"!

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing Albert. I just saw pictures of my old dog Charlie and I was wondering about all the old dogs. Good to know he's doing well. Zach is growing up so fast! I love this blog so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost made me crying seeing him hold the picture to the phone.....

    ReplyDelete