Thursday, August 30, 2012

Edinburgh…

Once upon a time, two people in love, fell in love with a house and decided they needed that home…they wanted to make a house and home…and they did…they wanted laughter…fun…family…love…little feet…no rocks on the concrete and no blade of grass out of place (this is true, not whimsical fairy tale)…BBQ’s in the back yard…Christmas Parties with good food…little kegs of beer and bottles and bottles of wine…don’t forget bleached grout in the kitchen (not a spec of brown could be seen)…baby showers…little cries…late nights of breastfeeding and watching re-runs on HGTV…Super Bowl Parties…Book Club…tears…good byes and hellos…welcome home…romantic dinners on the patio…first steps, giggles, words…and everything in between…
THIS is our home:
075
THIS is where love made us a family of 5:
DSC07744
THIS is where I would lay on the grass with my 3 babies and blow bubbles and laugh:
071
THIS is the tree that Jim planted…I mean, he removed the old ones, fertilized the ground, dug a hole, brought a new one from the store, bought a special barrier so that no grass would grow in the rocks…THESE are the parts of our lives that I miss…DSC07648070
It’s not just a house to me…it is home…it is love…it is the friends and family who share it with us…of all things I miss the most (and that list is LONG)…it is being in my home with my family and friends there…knowing that if I need something to do, we can just pop over to Mimi & Papa’s or call Christina to meet us at Starbucks or a couple's night out with Tony & Casey or a call to Nessie to walk to the park with us or KK for some laughs, a Pride Parade AND a good haircut or Becky for some coffee cake or Tina for a pool day…or having Grammy & Grampy down for a vacation and cooking a big BBQ in the back yard…or calling Bob up and saying, “I miss you…I’m buying you a ticket and you’re coming next week.”…EVERYTHING... with ALL of us…yeah, we are loud and boisterous and a family of boys who think getting naked for a bath is “getting sexy”…(blame LMFAO)…but we love…we love hard and right now…we are MISSING YOU ALL HARD…We take pride in our home, but we take more pride in our family and friends…Thanks for loving us…

 
 
DSC03704DSC03751DSC03781DSC05658DSC05707DSC05776DSC07673DSC07689DSC07723101_0127101_0182101_0190101_0239101_0311101_0312001DSC07473DSC07512DSC07541SSPX4632SSPX4633Twins7
I don’t know where this came from…I was only going to post a few pics and say a blurb about how good our house looked…but, clearly, I am missing you…and as I sit here with tears rolling down my cheeks and snot dripping out of my nose (with a chuckle as I write that, because if you know me well, you know that I couldn’t leave that out…AND if you know me really well, you’ll know just how hard it was to leave a picture of my bed out when I said “This is where love made us a family of 5!”)…bwah ha ha ha…
Edinburgh Street + Love = The Kochels
001 (2)

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhhhh...we miss you too! It is still hard not having you here. We miss you laugh, your chatter, your love for everyone around you. I miss that "tell it like it is" friend!!

    ReplyDelete