Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome to the SUNSHINE State…

Early in mine and Jim’s relationship…he got an earful for saying, “I will make a California Girl out of you…”…What what what??  Who is this guy and I don’t wanna be no CA girl…I was happy to be an Alaskan girl thru and thru…after that “earful” (he would probably tell you was something closer to an ass chewing)…he explained that CA had a LOT to offer and I already fit in…Mmmmm.hmmmmm…(I was already thinking blonde hair and fake boobs were so not me…)

So…almost 10 years later…here we are in Cambodia…and home is California…I have the most friends living there…we have a house…I have oodles of friends who have been thru pregnancies, morning sickness, cravings, pool days, shoe shopping, hair chopping, tummy tuck discussions, beach days, rain days…well…and everything in between…and I am proud to say, “Yes…Jimmy, you were right!!!  I AM a CA girl…”…because I loved:

Disneyland

Friends

Clean Streets

Warm weather

Pretty people

Family

Fancy beers

Flowing traffic

Shopping Malls

Starbucks

Target

McDonalds

Beautiful Parks that are FREE to use

Water fountains

Fun Restaurants

It felt SO GOOD to be HOME!  To smell the air after a rain, that HOT desert summer night, an after dinner swim, an ALL day POOL day and to be surrounded by all of these friends and family who love US!

CA…you are in my blood now…(I delivered 3 big babies in there…that counts for something, eh?!)…it was perfect seeing you and hard to say good bye…you offer a little bit of everything, most importantly, LOVE…

014013012001593588587586583579443453451450

More to come…we loved our time in CA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment