Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Zachary

Oh, little Zachary…I never knew…I never knew!  You are such a joy and challenge me in so many ways!  You are so much like me and so much like your dad!  You remember everything (that’s like me!), you talk a lot (that’s also like me), you are stubborn, you are smart, you are sweet, energetic, loving, ornery and everything in between.  You make me smile everyday and I love hearing you say, “Mama? Can you  …?”  I love our little dates and watching you grow up.  I love the way your mind processes things and how you love your family.  I love how when you are on Skype, you have to “show them something”…like when you took Mimi around the house and when I said it was enough, you said you had one more thing to show her…the fridge!  (I know, SO exciting!)…and you pointed out the water you drink, the milk your brothers drink…AND the “hot sauce” you get when you say bad words.  You ask TONS of questions and challenge almost everything.  You get in trouble for talking too much at school (I used to as well).  You want to be a big boy so badly and I just can’t believe you aren’t my baby anymore.  You jump in the pool with the big kids and are swimming SO well!  You couldn’t wait to start soccer…now you sit on the side and watch and tell me when it’s over that you “Miss your cousins…”…when I ask which ones, you tell me “all of them”…yes, you are clever…you see, I had JUST shown you that morning all of the cousins you were going to see during the summer…you talk about going to Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and “Bangkot”.  You are a sharp little boy with a great big heart.  You get mad at me and tell me you don’t love me…in fact, one night when you were mad at me, you “punished” me by telling me, “I’m not gonna say “this much” anymore” (your answer with arms open wide when I would ask, “How much do I love you?”)…I knew RIGHT away what you were telling me, so I chuckled to myself and asked, “How much do I love you?”…to which you replied “This much, ONLY this much!”…with your hands spread about 1 inch apart!  I couldn’t love you more!  You are particular about your clothes and ESPECIALLY your damned Velcro shoes…EVERYONE in town knows about this “problem”…in fact, they all know that I am the only one who can get your shoes on you “nice and perfect”…I’m ready to throw out all things Velcro!  You are learning Chinese and want your own Khmer tutor at our house…upstairs!

Everyone is going to be amazed at what a BIG boy you are now…I know I am!

(and let’s not forget your love of “cos-tumers”…your Auntie Chupchake sure knew what SHE was doing when she brought you all those super-hero’s!!)

010013020044014026033034005009026033047143001028001026028057133078

I love you {____________________________________________} this much…ALL the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment