Tuesday, February 7, 2012

…and it pays off!!!

I admit, I am competitive…but only when I know I can win.  If I know it’s a losing battle, I’m happy to compete with myself and “beat my last time”…for example, in running a 1/2 marathon, I just have no.desire.to.win. Period.  Pretty much, in anything running, I just don’t have it in me to push my body THAT hard to beat all others…now give me a basketball, a volleyball or a squat rack and I’ll take you on…but running…eh, I’m just happy to finish!…So it took me by surprise that I actually WON a race!?  I guess that Double BOB and big babies paid off…

028

Now I say, I’m no Flo, but I ain’t the worst of them either…when I told a friend here that I had won…she looked at me and said, “What?  Did everyone just suck or something?”…DID EVERYONE SUCK OR SOMETHING?  Yes…ummmmm…NO?  I mean, I don’t think so…Hell, I don’t know…but I say this…all my friends over the years…029

  • Tina…how many miles could we rollerblade?  How many mornings did we get up at 5 am? 
  • JT…how many squats could we do before you got tears?
  • Chupchake…how many kegs could we toss?  Cases of beer?  Rolls of carpet? Tables & Chairs?
  • Holly…how many miles could we run?  How many big babies to lift and tote around and push in that double BOB?
  • Jackie…how many lunges?
  • Heidi…hello kickboxing…step aerobics?
  • Jimmy…how many hours could we hike and run?  Spin Classes?  Weight days?
  • Nessie…how many hours of walks around Talavera?
  • Casey…how many runs did I try and talk you into?
  • Tish…how many bench presses?  Crazy dances? (you sexy bitch, you!)
  • Rob…how fast could you make me run when training for APD?  “Hey, T…let’s just take it up a notch.”…(to myself…are you kidding me?  my lungs are about to pop out of my chest…)

YES FRIENDS…we have a history…you know me…I like to work out…period.  I like to make it burn, feel like I need to throw up, not be able to sit on the toilet without falling in, can’t pick another thing up, drop weights on my chest because I’m “maxing out”…I’m no professional…but I earned this win…

…and everyone else didn’t suck…it was hard…I was heaving…and I was happy to finish…

The best part to me was getting to that last flight of stairs and seeing batman there and him yelling, “MOMMY!!!  MOMMY!!!…Wait for me!!!!”…so I ran back and got him and held his little hand and away we ran!  I run to be healthy so I can keep up with these boys right now and to have a strong healthy heart so I can live long and enjoy them well into my years…

119126

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2012013054205/Sport/runners-rise-to-challenge.html

http://pptcharityfunrun.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/phnom-penh-tower-charity-fun-run/

(I would like to add…my quotes aren’t actually quotes…because if they are actual quotes, don’t they have to be accurately quoted?…but they got the gist of what I said!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment