Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh, Zachary! You give me smiles!

Oh to be 3 again…when your fears of the day consist of not wanting to get a haircut, where we are going to get chocolate, which stand we will get fresh sugarcane juice from and which songs you want your mama to sing to you at night…

Zachary hates hair on him…any hair…for the past 2 years, I have given him his haircuts…but since every corner has a barber on the street or in a shop, I thought it was time to quit fighting that battle!  3000 Riel (aka, $.75), a manual set of clippers and a very patient barber~Zachary was “so handsome” and ready to eat his chocolate and trade up the sugar cane juice for some “Bitenam” coffee!

021 022

…and I have to share a few funny Zachary stories:

  • While staying at the hotel, I gave him his own “razor” and comb.  He was standing in front of the mirror, naked, combing his hair when he LOUDLY exclaims, “OH.  I am just SO handsome!”

 

  • Mommy:  Zachary, don’t drink water out of the bowl.
  • Zachary:  I’m a doggy.  I need to drink water out of the bowl.
  • Mommy:  You are a little boy, now please stop drinking out of a bowl.
  • Zachary:  I’m a little boy, but I want to be a doggy.  I want to poop outside, wash my butt and drink in a bowl.

 

  • For the first time, I let Zachary choose his lullabies…here they are…in order of request:
    • Jingle Bells
    • Old McDonald
    • ABC’s
    • Barbara Ann
    • Ba Ba Black Sheep
    • ….and….drumroll…Lady Gaga...and I just started chuckling...I told him I couldn't sing Lady Gaga, so he made up a song and told me to sing it to him!
  • Not exactly the sleep inducing medley I normally sing to him!

 

  • He is quite proud of his accomplishment of peeing and pooing on the toilet…so much so, that if you are here and he has done a job, you will be asked to “show you”.  Speaking of his job in the WC…he is a pro at using the sprayer now after going # 2…Big Boy Z!!!

Wasn’t that long ago I was carting you around and kissing your little baby face…I’m so happy you still WANT my cuddles and ask for them everyday!  You are my sweet/ornery boy!!!

034 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment