Sunday, January 16, 2011

Elephants for Peeing on the Potty!

018

Congratulations Zachary!  You have gone five days with no accidents!!!  Your reward promised to you back in December was that you could ride the Elephant, Sambo, once you went one day with no accidents…You really wanted to go with your Daddy on Sunday…but when Daddy had to stay away another day, you did not want to wait!!  I asked you if you wanted to wait until tomorrow when Daddy got home and you started to cry and said you wanted to ride the elephant today…that Daddy might not come home tomorrow!!!  SO BE IT!!!  You EARNED it!  We loaded up the tuk tuk with babies and our double BOB and off we went!

I thought $20 was a little steep, but a promise is a promise…and this was not your normal elephant ride (what elephant ride is a normal ride?)…it was a 1/2 hour long and we rode on the street!

001

You were FAR braver than me…with NO hesitation, you climbed the platform ladder and stood there waiting!

003

Mama was a little scared…I was hoping that the elephant was in a good mood and was not going to be one of the “rogue” elephants who decided they had had enough while we were perched on her back!

   004

I walked right on his back to the seat…I was a little bit nervous about that too!!!

005 006 007 

When we started walking this way, I was thinking, “He walks forward, he walks backwards a couple of times and we are done…”

009

…and then he stepped over that chain!

010

…into the street…cars just drove right around us

011 012 013 014

Yes…they led us right onto the street…we were two people sitting on this huge animal strutting down the street!  You were so proud to be up there.  You would wave at everyone and say, “HI!  I’m riding an elephant!”…”Sambo, slow down…don’t go too fast!”…”Hi!  I’m riding MY elephant, Sambo!”…”When we get back, I want to feed him some bananas!”…

We stopped a few times for tourists to give him food…he’s actually very very gentle…you noticed that he ate some bananas, a couple of apples and a blueberry muffin…at the end of the ride, you said “Sambo eats blueberry muffins, just like my Daddy!”.

I have to admit, I felt a little bit like a schmuck sitting up there on Sambo as we paraded thru town…if you’ve ever read “Water for Elephants”…you’ll know I kept thinking, “All Sambo wants is some lemonade or some gin and gingerale.”

    019 020 021 022

…Whew!  That’s over…Mommy is literally walking on an elephants back! 

027

Sambo earned some yummy bananas for our fun ride!  You were brave and fed him and even touched him…he touched YOU with his nostrils and you just laughed!

028 

Here’s what the brothers did while we were hanging out with Sambo:

015

Mr. To (our “Manny”…he is really Leak’s husband, but they both live with us and we love him too!)

016 017

Zachary James…you are such a big boy!  You just got up from your nap and pooped in the toilet and sprayed your own butt!  I love how big you are getting, how independent and how you learn so fast (when you want to!).  Thank you for learning to potty on the toilet and making mommy so proud…AND making me ride the elephant.  I probably would not have done it if it weren’t for you!  Daddy & Mommy are proud of you and LOVE you forever and ever!

026

1 comment:

  1. Well...I think it is crazy that it cost $20. It is even crazier the elephant just walks the streets!!! Yay Zachary!! What a cool memory!

    ReplyDelete