Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Food in the high chair!

004

 

We have been dappling with food for the past couple of weeks…but the chairs we were using were not conducive to eating first foods and the DOUBLE BOB didn’t quite cut it either…another shopping experience…I was on the look out for some decent high chairs…Vichet picked me up and took me to about 17 different stores…I prefer the street vendors, as I can negotiate the price…but I figured I would check some “baby stores” as well…Well, I could get he Chicco like I had at home…for $300…not really in the budget for twins!…off to the street vendor (for the record, it was shop 16).  They had a high chair alright…I wasn’t thrilled with it, but I felt like I wasn’t going to find anything under $200…We finally negotiated a price from $48 to $40 each.  They brought another chair from some other store or bedroom or something…I have no idea where it came from, but someone showed up in a Camry and they pulled it out of the back seat.  Upon inspection, I could see they were used, there were exposed wires underneath the tray for music in the tray that actually didn’t work and some of the plastic protectors were missing from the metal ends (I could just see another visit to SOS in my future ala Zachary!!!)  At this point, it wasn’t about the price, but about the pieces of crap they were trying to sell me…They looked like something I sat in as a baby 37 years ago *GASP*…Who knows how we kids from the 70’s survived!  HA!  Anyway…I decided I was done, get me home…stopped at one more stop…and Voila…reclining, crotch post, adjustable height, easily folding, BRANDNEWSTILLINTHEBOX high chairs!!!  Negotiated the price for $70 each!!!  Yippee!!!

Sooooo…in cheers to the new high chairs, the boys enjoyed some sweet potatoes, watermelon and some kind of biscuit:

001 003  005 006 011 012 014

Makes me a little bit sad while I am excited…my last babies~eating food, holding their own biscuits, sitting up, raising their arms to me to pick them up, cutting teeth, laughing at funny faces, rolling over and starting to give up the tata’s. 

Here are their 5 month stats:

Brando:  20 pounds, 27.55”

Trev:  21 pounds, 27.16”

I have no exact idea where they are in the growth chart, as everything was actually measured in cm and kilos and I wasn’t given a handy little paper to tell my like Dr. Coit’s girls gave me at home…I will tell you they have yummy chunk all over their body, so my guess is that they are healthy baby boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment