Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just another day…in Paradise???

I don’t know if I’ve fully come to accept that … yet!  I do like it here…I like the people, the things Phnom Penh has to offer…but I don’t think I can call it paradise…just yet.  There are a lot of great things the city has to offer…great restaurants, bustling water front at the river, the markets, the people, the food stands, the parks, the shops…but I still call my home on Edinburgh…Home.  I like our home, I love the people who work for us…but in my head and heart…it’s still a “rental”!  All being said…here are some of the fun things we’ve done over the week!!!

We hit the water front with our “family”…Leak, Sok’im, Mr. To…and us Kochels!

002 003 007

002

Found some yummy yummy food and mats to sit and enjoy it at!…I might add…I love this way of “dining”…so much easier with 3 little ones…you take off your shoes, cross your legs and eat some food!

008

Zach really enjoys the market…as soon as we arrive on the weekends, he takes off his shoes and shirt and hits the streets with the local kids!

010 

Mr. To & Zachary completed our back yard with some new banana trees…10 trees for $5.  I like that kind of deal!

014 015

The boys are rolling around, sitting up, cutting teeth and eating new foods!

025 033 039 041

We got a hammock in the front yard and it is a favorite for all of us!!!  We all love hanging out there and swinging under the mango tree!

055

I have some happy boys who love running with me!!!  After I drop Z off at school at 7:30, I head home and log 4 to 5 miles in with these little men!

002

We’ve had a little sicky in the house again…so off to the SOS for blood work and urine samples…he’s OK!!!  But this Mama is OVER CBC’s…

004

006 

Our Princess Leak had a wedding to attend…when she got home from the salon, Zachary was shocked…he says, “AH…oh, NO…somebody did SOMETHING to Leak’s hair…me no like it!”…we thought she looked beautiful and Zachary didn’t want her to go!

 010 008

Ahhhhhh…pomegranates…growing up in Alaska, these were something my mom ate and a treat she usually ate alone (I can relate to that!)…I’ve loved them since being little!!  How fun to arrive at my new house and have a pomegranate tree in my front yard…AND the ones that aren’t bright red…these are pink, tasty and don’t stain your hands!

001

Since the boys have had a little bout with diarrhea and have mastered eating from a spoon…I thought I would let them cool down with some Tuity Fruity (yes my SO Cal Moms…there is one here…it’s not the same without you…Nessie & Christina…but it makes me remember you every time I go!)…and enjoy it’s tummy aiding benefits!!!

Brandon LOVED it…LOVED LOVED it…he would sit and smack his lips and then cry if I didn’t get it into his mouth fast enough again!

005

Trevor wasn’t too sure about it!!!

003  006 010 011 012 014

So there you have it friends…we go to school Monday thru Friday at 7:25 on the “tik-tok”…come home, run a few miles…pick Z up at noon, buy a fresh pressed sugar cane/orange juice on the side of the street…take a nap…play with the neighborhood kids and hit the hay!…everything else is thrown in there somewhere!  Come to think of it…I’ve found my own little bit of paradise!  Life is what you make it!

1 comment:

  1. Even though you are half way around the world, it seems like a normal day. And it doesn't feel normal to not have you in your house on Edinburgh! I miss not having you here. However, I am so relieved that you are settled and finding your new "normal." Love you

    ReplyDelete