Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When in Cambodia…

You must realize there are a lot of great benefits to living here!!!  I, for one, recognize this weekly…if not daily.  Having nannies, housekeepers, a cook, someone to do my shopping, put my laundry away, help me clean up when someone throws up…it really is like having 3 or 4 wives…I can hear a baby throw up in bed, I run in to pick him up and within 30 seconds, someone else is in there changing the sheets, while I am bathing a baby and getting ready for bed again…I also enjoy the finer things like Dermalogica Facials for $20 for 1.5 hours…or FULL ON SPA PEDI’S for $10 that include a scrub, mask, callous removal, massage AND hot stone massage…all with four girls taking care of me at one time…

SO I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise that my little guy who LOVES shoes and just HAD to have “golden shoes” (aka, Gucci Loafers…no, I didn’t buy him the real ones…lucky for me, knock offs are on every corner here) is keen to imbibing in the local pampering…

One of my favorite people in Phnom Penh, Phavy, (who is also known as Zach’s Girlfriend) and I went to get pedi’s at our favorite shop, Zenna’s the other day.  The owners are also from the states and have a little boy with a big heart and gentle smile…he and Z are BUDDIES…so Z joined us.  He picked out the polish and wanted his OWN chair, his OWN girls and his OWN ‘assage.

024026029

…and a few days later, I treated the all of the girls to eyebrow threading and Zachary wanted to hang out at the salon vs. playing in the kids club…and quickly asked for a haircut (which he does whenever he sees his barber shop)…he sat still and once it was over, said he wanted his head washed by a pretty girl…

030032034

So here he is with his new haircut…he wanted it very short so he could be like his “BKK” (aka BFF) Special Police Trevor…who is a US Marine! 

And finally…after a few days of pampering, he tells me he likes those pretty girls and all his girlfriends come from Bangkok…he likes their butts…I guess Daddy needs to quit swatting mine in front of him! 

People are always asking me if I want a girl…no thank you…I’ll take my boys any day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment