Monday, October 10, 2011

“Funny” land…

Welcome to “Funnyland”…

021

Yes, it says Funnyland!  (I got another giggle today at a sign on a shop that said, “We speaks English!”)…Sometimes I wonder how all of these “misuses” can end up in so many places, but then I realize, I own a business and I am having someone translate it into Khmer and I have NO idea what it says…but really, that isn’t what this post is about…

It’s about Little Zachary…or not so little anymore.  This “Funnyland” showed me a few things about my boy!  I already knew he was headstrong and independent…but I’m not willing to recognize how much he is growing up and sometimes how little he still is!

My friend was driving us to the little park and Zachary shouts from the back…”I WANT TO GO THERE!”…and she was driving to a place to park and Zacahry starts shouting commands in Khmer…telling her “CHOPE…Dull charong…bot sadam…CHOPE CHOPE…CHOPE NE”!…In other words…”STOP…go straight…turn right…STOP STOP…STOP HERE!”  The funny thing is we all speak English…my friend is Khmer, but grew up in Australia and speaks perfect English and Zachary has never spoken Khmer to her…but I speak Khmer when we drive and he listens…to it all!  He’s very smart and growing up!

Then the first ride the boys picked out looked a little scary, so I thought I should accompany him…I will just say, “THANK GOD I DID!”…I WAS freaked out on the ride…he held my hand and screamed and was scared, but was VERY proud of himself when he got off…and loved that “Mama was scared, but he made it thru”!…He’s STILL my baby…

Then the rollercoaster…now this taught me a lot…I went with him the first time and he laughed and laughed and this is where is told me, “I really like this ride…it really tickles my balls!”…over and over again…What what what what?  He knows what his balls are?  I call them pe-nads…but that’s another story!  Then he wants to go with a friend…and when she is done…he wants to go alone…What what what?  My baby is growing up…

003004009010014015

Yep…this Funnyland was fun for Zach and sweet for me!  I love my time with this little guy!!!…I love watching him grow up, learn new things, take big big steps and be OK with being scared or take a big big step and realize he can take a bigger one…From day one, little Mr., you have been my little buddy…I love your voice and the things you say…even when it involves your balls!!!~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment