Friday, July 8, 2011

Starbucks…

Oh, how I love thee…wait…I USED to love thee…until I got to Bangkok and your stupid drinks were $6…and then you charged me $.50 for some whipped cream for my boy…and then I got a little bit sick because the drink was TOO rich…Oh, boy…yes, you are ALL reading me right…I am OVER Starbucks.  I have been a lover of Starbucks because I love that you can get the same thing each time…you know what to expect and you get basically the same thing each time.  I missed that here…until I found Brown Coffee…anyone visiting will meet my new love.  Until then, Starbucks, it has been wonderful loving you and knowing you.  You have been there for me in many times, giving me the lift just when I needed it, some extra chocolate when necessary, accompanying me all over the world (London, CA, AK, OR, WA, NE, IA, NV, AZ, NY, TX, TARGET)…you have been right by my side and I love you for it…all of my complaints about slow service are taken back now that I live in SE Asia (people…you don’t know what slow is)…thank you for being by my side…but the time has come for me to say, “It’s not you, it’s me!”…and so we part and my new love affair has already begun with Brown…call me a coffee slut because I found them before I dumped you…but the truth is, they aren’t too big for their bridges, they are fast, I get good coffee every time and I don’t pay $6 flipping dollars for a dumb coffee.

Just released:  Teresa Kochel and Starbucks have parted ways…and while this is very difficult time for both, they ask that you respect their privacy in this private matter.  They remain friends and have the utmost respect for each other … RIGHT. 

372374378379380383384386389

In all fairness, it was nice to have your arms wrapped around me again with the same smells of EVERY other Starbucks I have ever entered…the sound of some Indy band playing in the background, coffee being ground and people yelling, “Venti, Non-Fat Mocha with whip”…Until next time when I cheat on Brown with YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment