Friday, July 8, 2011

A little surgery…In Bang-kot

Our little boys have had oodles and oodles of ear infections…I have lost track.  Fortunately, we have very good insurance and everything turned out well…let’s just say, “the getting’ there” was not an easy road!  Try scheduling a surgery in a different country, with insurance in another completely different country…3 different entities without any other them talking to the other and I am the contact point…I almost turned completely gray that week!  001 (2)004 (2)

First Class…Zachary says, “Hey, those are my seats.  I need to be able to listen to the movies!”…Not a chance, buddy!

005 (2)

Before they separated us…only 4 oxygen masks per set…so Leak & Brando had to sit on the other side of the plane…

006 (2)156

JUST EXHAUSTED…I had to make a bed for him on the carrier cart…he passed out within 10 seconds!

007 (2)

 

The long and short of it…they scheduled our flight the day before we left, so we were put on an 8:00 pm flight to BKK…which, if you know me, is 2 hours PAST my boys bedtime…arriving in BKK at 9:30, with bags and immigration…then a 45 minute ride to the hotel…well…let’s just say it started our trip on the WRONG foot!  Everyone got tired the first day and never caught up!  On top of that, the insurance company sent the letter of approval to the wrong hospital, so while our consultation to schedule the surgery was 2 hours late, we also had to wait another 1 hour the for the letter to arrive because they wouldn’t let us leave without paying…my boys had not had their nap after only 6 hours of sleep the night before…well, this crazed mama escaped the hospital cashier and put the boys to bed and went back alone!!!! 

Yes…the nurses actually dress like this.  I could only think of TT Tina and her graduation ceremony!  (MISS YOU!)

179185

So surgery morning, we got our boys dressed in their little “scrubs” and then we’re told that they need a shunt in case of an emergency…I didn’t like that, but I want them to be safe…so…if you have ever had to hold your babes down for needles, it just sucks…on top of that, having them put under…well, needless to say, in Jim’s words, “You were a basket case!”…probably so.

…of course I had to get the “one more photos” before they went in…

015016019020

Then they separated us…Jim had Brando, I had Trevor…they allowed me into the OR while they put him to sleep…not an experience I look forward to again…then I was ushered out to wait, while Jimmy and Brando were in a hallway waiting his turn.  B was hungry and wanting me…I wanted this to be over…I was trying to get to B, they had me sit down…I waited for Trevor…and waited…and waited.  With Z’s surgery, it was LITERALLY…8 minutes and the doc was out saying, “Well, everything went well!”…when I left Trev in the OR, it was 7:21…when they got me, it was 8:07…a VERY LONG time for this “basket case”…they brought him out and he wasn’t doing well…Jim was standing there with Brando waiting his turn, I was trying to stay out of the way while Trev was waking up and hug on B before he went in…and then they push us out of the way and say Trev needs to go back to the OR…if I was a basket case before…well, you can probably know I  LOST it at that point…crying on Brandon, waiting for T to come back out…I don’t know how long it was before he was out and I was so relieved he was OK, that I didn’t get to take Brando back to the OR because the snuck him off with his dad…another 35 minutes later, Brando was out and we were holding our babies and VERY thankful all was well. 

We were transferred to a room and the boys recovered VERY quickly!!!

021022024025026028031038

We had to keep track of their poos…

“Master Brandon”

043

“Master Trevor”

044

…and FINALLY, we all got a little bit of a nap…

040042

We got the OK to head back to Phnom Penh on Friday and we were HAPPY to be back on the plane that Saturday…home sweet home = happy sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment