Monday, July 11, 2011

Going Local!

I am trying very hard to learn the local ways!  I have Khmer Lessons 2 times per week, I speak it to my nannies to practice, I ride around on the back of a moto for date night, take my kids around town in a tuk tuk…and you know what?  I like it!  Life is simple here.  I read my books, take Z to school, go running, hit up the pool at the Sofitel (OK…that doesn’t really count as being local)…and I shop at the markets…and accept the fact that shopping is a 2 day ordeal!  Saturday, I went for a run and Z went to the office with Daddy…when I came home, I got the call to pick him up, so I borrowed my housekeepers bike and rode over!  (I need to get me one of those!)  We shopped in the little alley next to the bank and I bought 3 iced coffees (those are the bags hanging from the handle bars) and a bag of sugar (to make fry bread)…all without a word of English!  (is it OK to pat yourself on the back in this instance?  because my arm is getting a bit tired!)

001

No comments:

Post a Comment