Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Things from home…

Oh, boy!!!  We had a fantastic 4 days…packages from Grammie (my mom) and Mimi (Jim’s mom) arrived within days of each other…truth be told, Mimi’s arrived in Phnom Penh on May 20th…but there is some “glitch” in the way things are delivered here and I finally had to ask for the packages with dates & times of arrival, customs checks, etc.  The PO is a different place than home…meaning, there are monkeys sitting on the steps and in the hallways while you are waiting to get your package(s)…but I digress…Once the notice for Grammie’s package arrived at our door 7 hours after going thru customs, I knew I had to do something about our packages from Mimi…hers had been in “customs” since 9:27 am, May 20th!  Anyway, we have our things…everything came…and there are some VERY happy boys in the house:

Zachary:  The main recipient of the packages…Cars T-Shirt, Plate, the NEW Vin McFlynn Car (or something like that), color crayons, pencils, coloring books, FRUIT SNACKS, NUTRIGRAIN BARS…this boy is in HEAVEN!!!!  …and yes, Mimi, he is no longer picky…he understands they are “precious commodities” and will eat them even if they are broken into 100 pieces!  …and let it be known, I had to take this shirt off of him while he was napping today to wash it…yes, he has worn it 3 days straight.  GROSS…but I know he comes by it honestly…Dada wears shirts many times before he will let me wash them…I have to trick him too!

001002003004

Trevor & Brandon:  Some comfy wipes for their little peaches (soft wipes are NOT easy to come by here…the Costco Brand is $5 if you can manage to find them), freeze dried yogurt snacks, special little t-shirts and they, too, are enjoying the fruit snacks…Trevor GOBBLES them up and then opens his mouth for more…while Brando has this little noise he makes where he sounds like a baby sheep when he eats something he likes!

006

here are their new shirts…and you can believe they are sitting in chairs at a table…Waaaaaa????

012015

Jimmy:  I can’t tell you how many times I have heard from the bathroom, “DUDE…Did you see that picture of Kim Kardashian’s butt in the latest US Magazine?” or “What is the deal with the hats those ladies wore to the Royal Wedding?  Look at these pictures!”…yes, my hubby LOVES the smutt magazines…and when we were out after Uncle Bob left, he kept asking if his mom was going to send more…he needed some reading material…

Mama:  Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Bars…OMG!!!!  I am in heaven.  They are the perfect snack for me after I run or play tennis in the heat…also some home smoked salmon, my replacement camera so I can take faster, better pictures and a new shock for my BOB!!!015

Yes, mail arrives from afar…but you have to send it via USPS and a traceable form…you cannot send letters to us…we haven’t received about 20 of them…I only know it’s that many, because about that many people have asked if we have received their notes!…also, it is QUITE pricey…(thank you Mom’s for doing this for us!!!)…$60 for the large flat rate USPS box!  I’m off to eat another peanut butter bar and use the last of my salmon to make dip for my first book club tonight…and if nobody eats, more for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment