Thursday, June 23, 2011

GOOSE EGG

You just know when a day starts off on the wrong foot…My boys have had the worst colds and ear infections (I noticed a correlation between them being weaned to their ear infections starting…another stab at this mama’s heart…I wanted to breastfeed until 1 years old…but they had other plans…).  Well, they cough so hard, they throw up … a LOT…I mean, some weeks, it is just a puke fest at our house…good thing I have 4 sheets and 2 mattress pads for each crib…because some days, we go thru all of them and are waiting for the sun to dry the first ones we washed.

Anyway, I woke up yesterday morning…rather, I was waken yesterday morning at 5 am to the sounds of cough induced puking on the monitor…I jumped up, snuggled my little Trev and turned on the shower…Brandon was awake too and talking to his brother from across the room while he threw up…they both got showers to get the dried up snotties off their faces…they were happy playing in the cho, I changed the sheets, washed them up and took their sweet little bottoms out of the shower…during the 10 seconds it took me to put the towels away, I turned around to brown puke on the floor and Brandon squishing it…SHIT…that’s not puke…Oh, God, I’m going to throw up, get back in the cho, don’t put those hands in your mouth, I better grab Trev before he gets the poop, oh, no, Brando is going to put it in his mouth, where in the hell is the anti-bacterial soap?, Trev…gotta get Trev…what do I do…what do I do?????  So I dump them both in the cho, rinse their hands as quickly as I can and run out of the bathroom to grab the big orange tub so they can sit in clean water while I rinse the crap off the shower floor…running around the corner, kids screaming because they DO NOT want another cho, I’m frantically trying to wash their hands and anything else that touched the poop, in plops the tub and both boys go in…poop floating around the bottom of the shower stall floor, both kids still crying, there is no actual “faucet” to get warm water out of…only a piece of shit shower head that will NOT stay in its holder…I’m frustrated beyond anything and just as I think it’s going to stay, Trevor looks up and down it crashes…right on to his head.  SHIT…how did my day start like this?  Rather…how did these poor little babies start their day like this? 

006007009012

These photos were taken HOURS after the event…but as you can see, it started this poor little guys day out on a sour note.

Life is not perfect, being a mama isn’t always easy, but I love my boys with every bit of me.  I recently heard some news about a person in the past who lost their baby at or shortly after birth…I don’t know all of the details, but just the thought of that happening takes my breathe away.  I can’t imagine my life without these guys…without knowing their smiles or giggles or grumpy days or hugs or kisses…I stop and think to myself, I’ll take this day over any day of not having these boys to love…it’s not always easy to see the beauty of every day, but if you stop for a second, you can always find something to make it better.  I love you boys…and I’m sorry about that knot on your head little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment