Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Making Fun!

Sometimes it is a little tough to find things to do with 4 adult hands and 6 baby hands!~  While we like to get out and do things, sometimes tired babies, tuktuks, pop-star babies and a tired mama just don’t go hand in hand!  So, we make fun at home…buy a bag of balloons for $7 (yeah, a little steep, but I save it later), order 3 large gourmet delish pizza’s for $18 delivered to your door…and we’ve got our own kind of fun in our little community!

031

The babies loved the water balloons!

032036

Zachary was in charge of the water while I filled and tied…on Mr. Z’s orders, we were not allowed to start throwing them until at least 10 balloons were filled and he loved getting all of us wet!

Remember when you were little how much fun it was to have your parents actually PLAY with you…not just sit there and nod, “Yeah, oh good, you are having fun…what did you say?”…but PLAY…hide from you, chase you, get in your tent?  I try to remember that because Zachary always says, “Mommy, do you want to play with me?”…well, truthfully, I’m hot, sweaty and have only a fraction of your energy, but I know in a few years, you will be saying, “See you later, Mommy…I’m going to so and so’s house!”…so I will get my sweaty tired butt up and chase and play swords and say, “Yes, I am your best friend!” every time you ask me, “Mommy, am I your friend?”!

on a “Are you my friend” side note…it’s actually kind of sad that these things come…Since Z has been in school, he’s always asking me if I am his friend…one day while he was swinging he pointed to an older boy and said, “Mommy, that’s my friend!”…and the boy said, “No I’m not.  You’re a baby.”…UMMMMM…HELLO…did you really just say that to MY BABY in FRONT of me.  Big…BIG mistake (*hear Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman)…for now, that is the meanest thing Zach can say to someone, “you are not my friend”…I try and tell him that it hurts his feelings when someone says that to him, so he needs to be kind and not use those words…I wonder how many times I will be teaching this lesson…and if other kids parents are teaching their kids the same lesson…Please remember parents, your kids pick up things from peers…but they learn from you.

1 comment: