Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Birthday ZJ

Happy Birthday to my first little man…I’ll never forget the way my eyes cried the first time I saw your heart beating, how I choked up the first time we got to hear your heart beating (and the Dr. told us that was the sound of responsibility!), the way I felt the first time I heard you cry and how my heart swelled with love the first time I got to touch you and look at your perfect fingers, toes, nose, eyes, little belly button…I was amazed…a miracle. 

010 - Copy

You sounded like a pterodactyl, you had your dad’s fingers, you loved bathes from the beginning. 

031

You were opposite of other babies…where most would fall asleep eating, you would eat and then wake up and I would cry because we had to put the blindfold back on you so that you could go back under the “billi-lights”…you and me…we could stare at each other for hours. 

 060 064 076

You loved being close to me and wouldn’t sleep when you came home unless you were ON me!  I remember Dad and I getting you home and around 10 o’clock, we thought, “Hmmmm…let’s go to bed!”  We laid you in your bassinet and we feel asleep within 10 minutes…around 11 minutes, you were screaming and I was up with you all night long.  We still laugh about that…how we thought it would be as simple as putting you in bed and you would just sleep when we did!  HA…

009 - Copy (8)

 

I remember your first smile, your first tooth, your first time crawling, walking, seeing a bird, words, eating…You have been my life…the little boy I always dreamed of having!

018 - Copy (3)

You are smart and vocal; you have a very large vocabulary; you like to eat Cheetos, Chocolate and fruit snacks…you love oatmeal with berries; cinnamon toast and BABA’s…ahhh…will you ever give them up?  You are stubborn, you are sweet, you are ornery.  You are a cuddle bug, you love story time, movies and popcorn.  You LOVE your family…you know everyone’s name and you say your “please” and “thank yous”.  You love all of your “Aunties”.  You love it when Mimi gets you from school…when Grammy & Grampy come to visit…playing with Papa when we go to their house…You love playing golf, basketball and ALWAYS say “That’s my team.  That’s my Dada’s team.” whenever you see anything USC!  When you tell me you love me, my heart melts and all your naughty deeds are forgotten!  Right now you love to say, “Don’t HURT me!” whenever we are in public and you are being naughty and I hold your hand.  Thanks!

First Birthday

100_5591

Second Birthday

DSC05935

Third Birthday

011 (4)

I love you forever and ever…you are a sunshine in my day that I will never put sunglasses on for…I love you Zachary James…Happy 3rd Birthday!

 DSC07432 DSC07437 DSC07477 DSC07495 DSC07502

No comments:

Post a Comment