Sunday, December 9, 2012

Staycation!!!

Jimmy & I have been long overdue for time away together.  Alone.  We’ve had so many things going on, projects, work, kids, life…we get our date nights in, but I’m always trying to get home at 10 so that I can have some energy when I wake up at 6:00…I didn’t want to go out of town, buy airplane tickets, get a hotel and then blow a lot of money on pigging out at places like Chilis or a $100 on just beer at that place in Kuala Lumpur…So, my little saving brain remembered I had signed up for corporate accounts for my work…VOILA!  BIG discount!

090

Welcome to our room (and views)…Le Raffles Royal…EVERYONE should stay there at least once!  (lucky for me, I will be back again since I have that corporate rate!!)

087089112

It was perfect.  It was heaven.  It was beautiful.  It was fun.  It was just what we needed…

108106105103102

We checked in, and fell onto our bed, turned on the TV, read magazines and took a nap!  (I hit up the book store and grabbed a few of our outdated favorites…but we haven’t read magazines in so long, it was ALL “news” to us!!!)

116

We were continuously impressed with the service, the food, the ambience and our overall experience there (I know, you all hear me complain about customer service in Cambodia…but it really existed in the right form at Le Raffles!!!)  Welcome baskets, hand written notes, swans, roses, slippers left out by the bedside…

096111

115119


We were ready to hit the town after our relaxing afternoon…I was dying to wear my new dress that I just knew Jimmy would love (and he did!!)

098

…and we just had fun throughout the night, meeting up with friends, listening to music and catching up on each other!

138097003092


I dunno what this was, but I think maybe we got in a little bit late, because this sign was on our door…

120


But then we used this switch…

129


…woke up feeling refreshed…maybe it was the fact that it was almost 9 am…

128

…the hotel gave us a late check out and we kicked back almost all day in our room…it was peaceful and quiet…and then we missed our kids…and it was off to home!

130

With the kids, staycations are the way to go…you need that time away as “husband and wife”…without the guilt of “dad and mom”…the kids are in the same city, they even get a sleepover at a friends (the big ones), you get a FULL nights sleep…and a chance to sleep in…it’s a win win situation for ALL of us!  I don’t even need to check out another hotel in Phnom Penh…I will just stick with Le Raffles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment