Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cooler days!

We've had a little respite in the hot weather...only 85 today and it was heaven! In the meantime, Zach has been showing me he knows when he is going to pee and even told me 3 times on Sunday AND made it to the potty...and Zach knows what happens when he potty's on the toilet...a potty fairy comes! Actually, he knows he gets a new car and in this case, his new set of tools! He LOVES them and they go everywhere with us...I hear them in the middle of the night when he is making the trek into bed with me...the pitter patter of his feet and the shuffle of a tool box coming with him...He's adorable!
We have a new favorite...I love the song, "It's a Great Day to be Alive"...and I'll play it on the iPod dock and he runs from any room in the house and jumps into my arms and I have to dance the entire song with him with his head on my shoulder...he'll stop and look at me and give me a kiss and then put his head on my shoulder...He HAS my heart...the song just makes me realize there are so many things to be thankful for and everyday we are alive is a great day...then to have my little man cuddling up on me and wanting to dance with me...well, it really doesn't get any better than that. I love you so much my baby boy...I can't even explain it...the joy I get from seeing all your teeth when you laugh...the way you make me chase you...how when you do something naughty and I say, "who did this?" and you answer "Zach did!"...you are the light and joy of my life...you make everyday a great day to be alive...I will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment