Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another year past…

Ack…how did I just turn 39?  In my head, I’m like 23 or something…but I have a mortgage, three kids and live in Cambodia…WHEN DID ALL THIS HAPPEN?  There is nothing like making the years cruise by like having a baby.  You forget about your own life and just focus on all of these milestones and doing this or that…and all of a sudden, you’ve been “Mom” for 5 years and you wonder how it happened!!!

I am thankful for a lot.  Like a lot a lot.  I have a good life.  I have a good family.  I have people who love me.  We eat well.  We see the world.  We have love.  I could really go on and on, but the point is, another year just reminds me of the things I have to be grateful for.  The things I will change.  The things that will stay the same.

I will keep running (I only have 85.4 miles to go to hit my 1000 mile goal in 2012) even when my mind says it’s hard.  014197

I will keep playing even when all I want to do is lay down and take a nap.  I will keep travelling even though I really hate flying, because I don’t want to live a life with regrets.  I will keep being a mom, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a worker, a boss…I will keep being me and trying to make myself better…

And straight up, that not-so-inner bitch, will still be “not so inner”…I will say what I want, speak up with things I disagree with and only bite my tongue if I truly want to!

I’m thankful for the people in my life who make my life mine…Thanks for all the birthday wishes friends and family…

035032142064072089019024047067065045044003

No comments:

Post a Comment