Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Adventurer…The Obstacle Course…

I don’t like to fly, but I’ve jumped out of planes, done thrill rides, jumped off bridges and everything in between…I always try something once.  But I never really understood how “great” an obstacle course could be for a little self esteem!!  We went to a playground next to the water park that had an obstacle course.  It is about 3 feet off of the ground, the kids are harnessed in and they can’t hurt themselves!  Zachary was THRILLED to be big enough to give it a go…his buddy went first…and was finished by the time Z got his first 3 steps on the “high wire” done…(you can see his feet in the back next to the attendant!)
024
He started out feeling great, lots of talking and pleased with himself!  Talking about how he was a grown up now and was going to be big and Mommy should just step back and let him go...because he is an "odolt".  So I did...and I stayed next to him, talking, taking pictures and encouraging.  Let’s just say, I started feeling bad about taking pictures.  He was scared, but there was no danger…whatsoever…during the entire thing.  He had EVERYONE, brothers, nannies, friends…cheering him on.  I KNEW once he was done, he would be SO PROUD of himself.  I knew he would be upset getting there…but this was one time as a mama, that I knew I just had to keep encouraging him, letting him be a little bit uncomfortable and face his fears…because he would have been SO disappointed if I stopped it and he didn’t finish.  So…with that being said, here are the photos of that “event”.  Know that he finished with a big smile and STILL talks about how brave he was.  Yay for obstacle courses and friends who are kind and encouraging!
026027029031033037040041
Feeling a little brave half way thru and decided to let himself hang for a minute!!
049050055056057058059
Oh…just look at that face…it was so hard to just encourage him and not jump up there and help him…
060061062064065066067070073
…and HERE is THAT look…that look that my boy KNOWS he did it…alone…and made it.  He made it thru the scary parts and he is OK!  He knows he can trust his mommy and his friends and himself…I’m SO proud of him for completing it!!!
074075076

No comments:

Post a Comment