Monday, January 16, 2012

Little Boy...

How do the words of a 4 year old break your heart?  Who knew being a parent could be so challenging...trying to mold and make a man out of a little boy...telling him when he is wrong, not letting him get away with being mean, teaching him to share, be kind, respectful, wanting only what is best for him...

...not wanting the tears...but knowing without them, you cannot mold a man...

I only want what is best for you...
you are my smile, my sunshine, my little boy (or as you corrected me, not a boy, a "kid")...
I want you to know right from wrong
more laughs than tears
big chuckles
lots of hugs and kisses
joy over sorrow...

I know one day you will understand...and for now, I'll forget that you told me you no longer want a mommy...only a daddy...

because I know it hurts to grow and learn the right things...

as long as you know I love you, nothing you can say will ever change that...I love you to your bones...

No comments:

Post a Comment