Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sambo & Looking for Monkey’s

Zachary has been SO excited to take Mimi to meet Sambo and show her the monkey’s!  He really wanted to ride the elephant with her, but Sambo was a little TOO big for Mimi’s taste!!!  So, we settled on feeding this beautiful beast:

014015016017018

Zachary stayed back the ENTIRE time telling Mimi, “You go feed that elephant.  I don’t like it when he gets his SNOT all over me.  It’s gross.  OK?  So you can feed him!”

019

As you can see in this very last photo, Mimi was a little apprehensive about that “trunk and snot” as well…the first photos were Mimi feeding Sambo a “bunch” of bananas…this last photo is Mimi feeding Sambo a “single” banana!!!!  Bless your heart Mimi…you do many things you would not normally do for the benefit of your grandchildren’s enjoyment!

…and then we walked and drove and drove and walked looking for monkey’s…Where did they go?  Well, according to Zachary, the lead monkey led them all on to a plane and flew them to Bangkok and they live the “Big City” now.  Truthfully, we have no idea where they went…normally they are sitting there stealing hard boiled eggs from unsuspecting kids, picking their butts at the post office and fighting each other at the park for someone’s sugar cane juice…so, we drove around town looking for monkey’s and never found any (we swear they are all over normally)…

003006007008009011

My boys WANT me all of the time and finally I got them together in the car and Trevor was his little loving self and couldn’t stop kissing his brother…if you could hear him, you would smile.  He’s SO happy to be with me and his brother and kissing him…he gets so excited he can’t contain himself!!!


On a side note…

So…yes, we ride around in cars and tuk tuks without car seats.  It freaks me out, but it’s the way it is here.  We probably ride in a car 2 times per month (if that) and they sit on our laps (unless we are going out of town, then the car seats come out).  It’s SO bizarre to me that this is my life.  This is my life…I ride around in a tuk tuk, if I go for a run and I’ve run 7 miles and I’m tired, I flag a moto driver down to drive me home for $1, date night starts with Jim & I on the back of a moto heading to the River Front, Zachary owns a helmet so he can ride on a moto…this is the way it is here.  Coming in future posts…a photo montage of my “moto sightings”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment