Thursday, June 21, 2012

It takes a Father…

We were in Australia for Father’s Day this year…no internet access and only a mobile phone that belonged to someone else…but it didn’t mean we weren’t thinking about the Dad’s in our life!!  As I was gallivanting down under with three kids in tow, I was thinking about families and love and kids and life and jobs and how it all comes together and makes us “us”…

So many people ask us “why”…why are you in Cambodia (because it is a great experience), why did you have twins (because it runs in my family), why do you travel and spend time apart (because someone has to support our family and that person wants us to experience new things), why do you run in the heat (because I like to run and it is hot, so I do it), why do you put your kids to bed at 6:30 (because they wake up at 6 am no matter what time I put them to bed and they like the structure)…I mean, really, people are full of questions…which is fine…but let me tell you something…

Our family is our family…no family is perfect, we all have something that someone else wants…but for me, I have it all…I have a husband who is my best friend, 3 beautiful boys and we are all healthy…and a husband who supports me no matter what I do…if I have an opportunity like the trip to Australia, he never says no…he always says go have fun…

So during this trip on Father’s Day, I was missing the father of my boys…and thinking about all of the wonderful things he is…and it made me realize so much more about what a life is and how family is what you make it and how I am so lucky to have this person in my life who stands next to me, behind me or in front of me…whatever it is I need at that time, he is there…supporting our family with words, actions, money, love…yes, I am able to do a lot of fun things…but it’s because we have a wonderful father in our life…

We have something to look forward to at the end of a trip

We have someone to call and tell about our day

We have someone who is thinking about us and worries about us

We have someone who is concerned when we are sick

We have someone who wants us all to have the best life, so he makes all of the sacrifices…

We have someone who takes the headaches of a crazy boss and makes it work because we have mouths to feed…

We have someone who listens to music with us and wrestles us up in our underwear (this is ACTUAL request by our four year old…not something the mama is just oversharing!)

This mama has a PARTNER…we each have our job…it works for us

We are talking about the man in our family…who loves unconditionally, gives everything and never asks for anything in return…thank you for making our life “our life”…

JimBoys4

(and I would like to add…this man reminds me an awful lot of the man I call Dad…I’ve been a pretty lucky girl…)

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO THE MAN WHO MADE ME A MAMA…

No comments:

Post a Comment