Friday, June 1, 2012

If I Could Bottle Time…

If I could bottle time, I would bottle my sweet little Zachary…who is always so excited to hang out with me; giving with his loving words and ready to strike up ANY conversation…today, I was telling a friend that Jim & I had a 40th birthday party to go to…and Zachary heard the word “Party” and all bets were off…he was going come hell or high water!!!  His dad said OK, so we got dressed, he picked out his clothes and asked me to make his hair “real handsome”…

OH.MY.GOD…I LOVE this boy…seriously, he is just the best (truth be told, ALL of my boys are in their own way…I love EACH of them as MUCH as the OTHER for their OWN reasons!)…he was quite excited and chatting up a storm and it has been a rather long week…and I just wanted some down time…but he was in his “party” mode and was asking a million questions…and I finally said, “What?  Why do you have so many questions?” and he said, “Mommy, because I am your smart little BooBoo Monkey!” …SO true…put me in my place and I thought, “ask away, my son…I will answer whatever you want”…

So…here were his questions (in a 20 minute time span with watching Cars II in between):

  1. Will there be pretty brown girls there?  Oh, really?  I want to kiss them all!
  2. What kind of party is this?  Who is it for?  How do you know David?  How old is he?  FORTY?  That’s OLD!  What color is his hair…is it white?  No, he doesn’t have hair?  But when he had hair, what color was it?  You never saw it?   Oh, you saw it, but you don’t remember?  Why don’t you remember?
  3. Will everyone say, “Oh!  Look at that American Boy, he’s so cute?!” (yes, he’s been living abroad too long!)…
  4. You know, I don’t really like it when people call me an American Boy…I am a Californian Boy…would you please tell them to call me that…and if they don’t, can you kick their booty?
  5. You know when I ran off at the store today and you told me about those bad mens?  Can The Hulk kick those bad men’s butts?  What about Daddy?  Will the police get them?  I promise to stay close to you.
  6. Will everyone think I am so handsome?  Is my hair broken?  Can you fix it?
  7. Where is Daddy?  Is he meeting us there?  Is him’s gonna get handsome like me too?
  8. Daddy’s home…why are you walking all over the room?  Can we go yet? (I was walking all over the room because I am packing an overnight bag to go to Singapore tomorrow!)

…and the questions continued in the car…but I wouldn’t change it for a minute…this guy loves a party and is more than happy to pick out a collared shirt and nice slacks and a sports jacket and go to an all adult (with one boy besides him) party…and he can hang, shake hands, say nice to meet you and talk Spiderman all night long with his new friend.  I LOVE this boy…LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!  I get teary eyed thinking of his precious little heart and innocent mind and the way he processes things and how he just wants to be with us…he turned down a sleepover to go to a party with his dad & mom…and he was SO excited!  Here’s my sweet boy…all decked out!

138142141144147

Sweetest Zachary…I Love YOU to the moon and back…

No comments:

Post a Comment