Monday, June 4, 2012

24 Hours in Singapore…

Seven years ago, we were on our honeymoon in Italy and wanted the late seating on our cruise!!!  We saw this couple scurry by us a few times and then finally sat down…we enjoyed our dinner, went dancing with them and a friendship was formed…We learned the next day that were giving us “one chance” and if they didn’t like us, they were moving to a different table…good thing Jimmy & I are likeable!!!  …because in May, Robbi emailed me and said, “Meet me in Singapore!”…HELL YEAH!!!  I booked my ticket that day!  It’s WHAT you do…

It was supposed to be a weekend trip, but due to many unforeseen circumstances…i.e…a blown out engine because a baggage cart blew across the runway and the plane was grounded, it turned into 24 hours in Singapore…and it was PERFECT! 

I landed at noon and was at the hotel by 12:45, bathing suit on, and drink in hand…we were sharing stories like Sex and the City girls…seriously, they’ve got nothing on us!  It didn’t even feel like it had been 3 years since we had last seen each other…

IMG_20120602_130952[1]

IMG_20120602_135525[1]

We were on the club floor of the Mandarin…ONLY Robbi can hook us up like this!

IMG_20120602_153245[1]

…and I would like to say we PAINTED that town…ate our tummies out and danced our asses off…but, we ordered room service, a movie and were asleep by 9:30 pm…and I LOVED every minute of it!!!  Seriously, wouldn’t change it…MY kind of night!!!

IMG_20120602_200230[1]

IMG_20120602_211806[1]

She had a hard time with her jet lag, so I ventured out for a favorite…any guesses?!?!  Worth every $7.10 of that venti mocha!

012

Walking back to the hotel…found these two taking a snooze…

013

…this load of groceries without a SOUL in site on a busy street…and nobody took a thing…I REALLY REALLY like that!!!

014

Enjoyed looking at the place I stayed last time…

011

…and hit the gym with the trainer Robbi told me she booked for us right when I walked into the pool the day before!!!

IMG_20120603_105337[1]

…back to the pool…

IMG_20120603_105135[1]

…and me hiding out while Robbi yelled at someone for doing something wrong…she’s good at that too!!!

IMG_20120603_125747[1]

Robbi and Fred will be our friends for life…no matter how many days or years pass…we ALWAYS look forward to seeing them, talking to them and catching up…In fact, Robbi, Jimmy & I are already planning on how we are going to coerce Fred into a trip to Cambodia for their next vacation!!!

THANK YOU so much friend…it was wonderful to get a great bit New York style hug, share a drink (or 5), lay out the by pool and just catch up…I heart you…now where are the beach towels?????

No comments:

Post a Comment