Sunday, March 11, 2012

Singapore…ALONE!!

I am working with some friends here and they needed me to go to Singapore for them…they asked who I wanted to take and it was supposed to be a one night trip and I just thought it was too much to pack the twins up and bring the nanny…or just bring Zachary…but what to do while I was in meetings…so with much angst, I chose to go alone…It was hard to go…but lucky I have a Xanax to calm me down.  (if you don’t know me…I am afraid of flying…especially without those I love the most…I never fear for others flying…just for me!)

So off to the airport I went…and to be honest…it was a little slice of heaven…RIGHT thru customs…security…I ordered a coffee…did some work…and sat back and relaxed…I haven’t done THAT in an airport…in, oh, 4+ years!  I have to admit, I’m a little fond of this airport/flying thing again!

This was all I had to carry…!!!

158159

One of THE busiest ports I’ve ever seen…

013 (2)

My first views of Singapore…

015 (2)160161

This was so high up there…but I walked all the way around and took some pictures…and made it up there everyday for either a swim or a cocktail or a run!

020 (2)021 (2)

The view just doesn’t get old!

028 (2)032 (2)

My room faced the port…on the 48th floor…the door didn’t lock and I was sort of paranoid about it…until I realized only Spiderman could climb up that high to get in…

169172

I had a meeting on Tuesday morning and was supposed to head home that afternoon, but they wanted to take me around and show me some stores and test some products…so another day it was…I got a little choked up on Skype seeing my boys…but all in all, I really enjoyed this time alone!

041 (2)043 (2)221222054 (2)061 (2)224

Look at all those boats, Dad!!!

174

I had some great shopping…I needed professional clothes for this meeting…and all I had at home were a couple of pairs Ann Taylor slacks I’ve had since 2005…I haven’t dressed “professionally” in about 5 years!!  I LOVED these shoes the minute I saw them…and the fact that they were 50% off…Singapore is UBER pricey…I mean SUPER DUPER pricey!

176

BreadTalk…OMG…Yumminess in my mouth!

179183

The pool during a sunny day!

195

My running view…I was a bit out of breathe running up there…

198

Doing lunges with view behind me…kept me puckering the entire time…actually had to stop doing them because I was just too nervous!!!

199201

Passion Cosmo and my Kindle…with wasabi potato chips…does it get any better???

210

I wanted at least one photo of myself up there…it was nice being alone…but I could have would have should have liked to have my hubby with me (he had to work)…

036 (2)211

Oh, yes it does…my favorite bourbon…Blanton’s and a steak sandwich at Wolfgang Puck’s!

213

Looking straight down…

216040 (2)

…and one of my favorite things there were the bathrooms…in a public bathroom they had this toilet that had all kinds of buttons on it with a sprayer a flusher a dryer and everything in between…

This is a chair in the bathroom stall where you can put your baby while you pee so they don’t have to slum around the dirty floor or sit on YOUR lap!!  (all moms know what I’m sayin’!)

228

It was a fast, fun, beautiful trip…I got a lot accomplished and learned I really could go by myself…I might feel naked, I might be scared…but I can do it…and my babies still love me! 

…can’t wait to visit you again, Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment