Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lost in Translation…

I try here…I’ve had Khmer lessons, I try to speak, I try to understand…but sometimes things just get by…(like every day)…Next time I have someone hang some things for me, I will stay in the room and monitor…I KNOW I did not tell him to hang them that far apart…but I guess it gives me room to find a mirror for that spot now!

008


…or when I have my tuk tuk deliver some flowers for a friend…I’ll make extra double certain he knows exactly where he is going…these are the flowers I bought for my friends’ birthday and were being delivered to her:

30 lotus flowers, orchids and some other lovelies….

036042

Well, here they are in my house about 18 hours later…apparently he delivered them to the Dr’s office we went to one time…and they stayed there all day and night and I said if they looked bad, take them to a market and have the flower vendor make one JUST like this and take the new one to her…well, these didn’t look bad, but he bought a new one for my friend and it was nothing like this and I ended up with this…Oh, well!!!  Still love Cambodia!

044

No comments:

Post a Comment