Sunday, March 11, 2012

Inspired…

You can hardly beat a date night with your sweetie…it’s even better when he calls you at 5:30 and asks if you can be ready for a massage in 6:00!!  Um, hell yeah!!  We weren’t sure where we wanted to go…spas are a dime a dozen around here…but there was one on my mind that I had seen quite a few times…as it is right across the street from my favorite coffee shop…Brown’s!  (if you’ve been to visit us, you know why it is a fav!)…the prices are amazing and the ambience is perfect and you don’t have to fight the Riverfront traffic to get there.  We arrived to a cool room with the rain starting outside…didn’t even need that “relaxation music”…it was coming at us naturally!  Sobin Spa…we will be back ( in fact, Jimmy was just there today!)

020 (4)021 (4)022 (4)023 (4)

One of my favorite quotes I still remember is about a basketball player, former LA Laker, Stanislav Medvedenko…which the announcer said, “…{he} never met a shot attempt he didn’t like!”…I laughed then and I laugh now, because it applies to so many things…I’ll tell you about me, “I never met a spa I didn’t like!”…some may be pricey or not as fancy or bare bones, the massage may not be perfect…but who’s complaining when you’re getting a rubdown?!  Not this girl!

At the end of the 90 minute massage, I was OK with calling it a night, but we went to our favorite little sushi bar, Rahu, and filled our tummies with sushi and wine…

$90 for the night…massages, food and tips included!  I’m inspired for our next date massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment