Monday, May 16, 2011

Waiting for a baby…

It’s hard for me to believe that at this time last year, I was bigger than Khamary is (in all actuality, I am bigger than her right now too…)…but the point is, at this time last year, I had 2 babies in my belly and was waiting to meet them…Well, Khamary has one little boy in there and we were told that he should be coming soon…so Mama & Leak planned a surprise party with the nannies and some other mom’s we know and had a little get together for Khamary…I learned a few things about throwing a party there…

1)  If you tell people a party starts at 3, that means you should leave your house after 3!  Leak went to the market to get a few extra items and at 2:57 I was calling her saying, “Where are you?”…and she laughed and thought it was funny that Aikiko was right behind her in a car…and why was she coming so early?  Everyone else showed up by 4…and the guest of honor showed up at 4:30…so as soon as she arrived, everyone left~!  I was only informed of all of this around 8 pm when I was wondering why everyone was so late!  LOL

2)  It wasn’t really a baby shower.  I mean, it was supposed to be, but how can you expect people to bring gifts when they can barely make it themselves every month?  All the mom’s we invited brought gifts and one nanny.  Nonetheless, Khamary was very appreciate of “the baby’s party”.  A few tears were shed!

071

3)  The main thing I learned is no matter what you do, no matter how little or how big, you can help make a difference in someone’s life.  Things like diapers, a bathing tub, CLOTHES, baby soap, towels are not all a necessity for a new local mom here.  Maybe for her “wealthy counterparts”…but not a regular girl making a regular average salary.  (average salary in this country is $80 per month…PER MONTH…this not a typo)  Of course, we pay more than average…it is still not much to live on.

So long live the love of babies, sharing laughs with friends, seeing babies play together and little boys enjoying each other…Thank you all for making this day special for Khamary.  We love you Khamary and cannot wait to meet your little boy…

038041042045051056068070072076

I am happy to say that Zachary was QUITE the helper.  I am continuously proud of that boy…he is understanding how to give to others and how he cannot have certain things, but others can…He was SO excited to help me blow up balloons and hang them for the “party”.  He picked the cake out and knew he would not be having any of it.  He could NOT wait for everyone to show up and check out the food spread and the gifts.  Trev & Brando moved all over the place, checking out other babies, toys, eating mama’s cinnamon rolls and just being plain delicious.

I think back to my beautiful showers that I had and the friends who worked so hard to give me a party and love and gifts and diapers…truly a lucky girl to have the people in my life I have.

I miss you friends…each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment