Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mother’s Day…

I was told by a man that they don’t celebrate Mother’s Day in Cambodia, so he is sort of off the hook…alright…it is what it is.  Did I get a card, was a day planned for me, did I get any gifts…No…but am I OK with that…Yes!  It’s not typical, but it is typical for me life…we don’t do things “by the book”…we’ve always danced to the beat of our own drum…I would rather go on a trip with my husband and family than get a pair of diamonds, a Coach bag or some fancy shoes.  I sometimes…ok, you all know…I hear a lot…”How much did that cost?”…but I really go without nothing.  I get what I want, I spend time with my boys and I am happy in love…Jimmy is Jimmy.  This mama is mama…and we fell in love with each other knowing all these things about each other…that’s what made it better.  In a world where people don’t “get you”…it felt “good to be gotten”!

Now in the beating of our own drums…Jim had a business meeting and I’ve met the man and he wanted to celebrate Mother’s Day for us…in doing so, he took us and another favorite mama to a VERY beautiful, delicious, fantastic brunch.

BEAUTIFUL French restaurant…

051

…all you can drink champagne included!

056

JUST the desserts!

057058

We were able to enjoy yummy things we haven’t had in MONTHS…like SWEET strawberries (usually about $11 per pint here…ain’t spending money like THAT) with a chocolate fountain…raspberries, PRIME RIB…Oh…my mouth is watering thinking about it!  I love Phnom Penh, but I am an American through and through…I truly felt like I was sitting in some posh hotel enjoying their expensive Sunday brunch and sitting on the beaches of California…it made the food SO much better…I don’t know if it was the champagne or if the food was really that good…whatever it was, I am hooked and Jimmy will be taking me back there again!

043044046047053

Me and my boys throughout the day:

041062064067068075076

…and at the end of the day, Daddy took me on a date after all the kids were sound asleep…we hit my favorite little restaurant…Pop Café … enjoyed some good wine, delicious food and mostly…the company of the man who made me a mama! 


…and some fun…here’s the mama on Mother’s Day last year!!!

…this was me on Thursday, May 6th (for me weekly bump photo)

DSC06970DSC07021

…here’s Sunday, Mother’s Day, 3 days later…I guess Mother’s Day is when I really “popped”!!!

DSC07032

I live everyday thinking of the lives I’ve carried in my belly…there is not a day that goes by that I don’t look at those little loves and thank God for their lives entrusted to me…that I was able to have all these boys grow in my belly, nourish them, gain LOTS of weight, each ice cream with good reason, grow beautiful pregnancy hair, earn each stretch mark, lose half my hair after they came…it’s all earned…I wouldn’t trade one minute of my life without these little guys in it.  I miss having the twins moving around, kicking each other, getting hiccups…but I love seeing their little faces every morning…

I love my boys and everything they are…how they are a little bit Jimmy and a little bit me…add their grandparents and this Dada & Mama are going to be on their toes till the day they die!

No comments:

Post a Comment