Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day Mom[s]!!!

I sincerely meant to have this all done for my mom’s to be posted on Mother’s Day…I’ve had sick, vomiting, double ear aches, staph infected, sinus infected, eye infected kids…my hubby forgot to forward the bill for internet (which over here, you cannot pay a bill WITHOUT the invoice…on top of that, you must drive to the actual store and pay the bill…and I wonder where my days go…)…so my internet was cut off…which includes my telephone…to top that, my cell phone was not allowing me to dial international calls…I was trying…but all I really wanted to do was to tell my mom’s Happy Mother’s Day…

…with that being said…I get it.  I understand why you are forgetful and can’t remember where you put something you had 5 minutes ago…I know what it means to want something now but not be able to do it…

I understand why food is better off of Mom’s plate, why Mom is always hungry, why Mom needs coffee to get going, why Mom sometimes stinks when she goes out, why a nap is impossible with 3 kids but of all people, Mom REALLY just needs a nap; why whatever Mom wants is not really an issue anymore…it’s what the kids want, why MOM’s birthday party is held at a kids restaurant, why Mom argues with a 3 year old, why sometimes when you want to cry, all you can do is laugh, why Mom loves the baby(s) NO matter what, how Mom’s heart gets SO big with that first card that says, “I love you”…their FIRST effort at making your day special, why a smile melts Mom’s heart, why a tear makes Mom a lion…I get it all.

For all the tears shed over me, the smiles brought, the joy of new life…thank you to the women in my life I call Mom.  I am the Mom I am because of all I’ve learned over the years…

001 - Copy (9)001 (2)001003 (3)004 (3)005 (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment