Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Movie Date!!!

We haven’t had a MOVIE date in YEARS!  Seriously…since 2009…

During the past year, a few movie theatres have opened up, but they never show our “genre”…I know, I know…I’m a lucky gal because my guys favorite movies are comedies, romantic comedies…and don’t forget the spy and war movies…ANYWAY…any girlfriend of mine back home remembers our “triple dates” because their guys wasn’t about to go see the latest rom com…Soooo…they show the “latest” movies here, but they are usually about blowing things up and they take up 4 of the 5 screens…Truly, no desire to watch Transformers…or Tokyo Drift…Cowboys and Aliens…or whatever it’s called…but once again last Friday, I checked the movies…and to my HAPPY surprise…

P1010315

THIS was playing!!!  Now these movies have a special place in our immature hearts!  Way way way back when, when we FIRST met each other, he was dating someone else, as was I…and we did a “double date” to American Pie II (I know…we’ve known each other a VERY long time!)…and Jim & I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED throughout the entire movie…like gut busting, tears rolling, loud snorting, couldn’t stop laughing kind of laughing.  (Jim got yelled at on the way home because his “then girl” didn’t like the fact that we laughed at the same things…maybe she knew something I didn’t!!)We didn’t date for almost 2 more years…and we were in Alaska…in BUSH Alaska for the summer when American Pie III came out…we barely made it to see it in the theatres in Anchorage…so, here we are IN CAMBODIA…and American Reunion is showing?…Yep…I don’t know the message, but we got it and we were there…on time, with 2 sodas and a bucket of popcorn and about 15 other people and laughed our asses off again…all for under $10!  (can’t do THAT in the states!)…

…and as a side note…we also went and saw the Hunger Games for something else to do the next weekend…and he not so secretly thought it was a great movie!  HA!  He kept saying how pleasantly surprised he was and that it was one of the better films we’ve seen recently…yep, there haven’t been too many!  No matter…we enjoyed it and another night at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment