Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!!!!

I've been settled into Phnom Penh for the past year... So you'd think that when Easter rolled around yesterday...I would have been ready, hopping around the house, bunny ears on, baskets filled, eggs colored and spreading springs' good cheer amongst my offspring...

Fear not...I made it happen...albeit a little "last moment"! You see...having 3 kids consumes most of my time...couple that with the fact that Easter eggs and bunnies weren't in my face since before Valentine's Day! I won't lie to you...every year I struggle with the whole "should I or shouldn't I" dilemma...and living in Se Asia makes forgoing holidays a little easier! ...however, I was raised by a mom and loved by a gram who would never DREAM of letting a holiday pass!

So back to this "settling in" thing...I remember the ex pat boards last year lamenting the lack of food coloring in town...call me Alaskan...(because growing up in bush Alaska, you always bought what you wanted when you saw it because it may not come around again for a year)...and if I was using my brain, I would have had my father in law bring some plastic eggs when he arrived earlier in the week...again, I am a mom of 3, I often forget I actually have a brain!!

...but on Saturday night at 7...I heard my good ol gram in my head LAMENTING MY lack Easter spirit...so I opened my cupboards and actually had purple, yellow, red and green food coloring...vinegar AND an extra Khmer package of 10 brown eggs! Oh!! This mama was the s$@€!!!! My little guy was thrilled to be up late and get those eggs ready for our Easter bunny!!!

So...not exactly the "spring pastels"...but I'm more of an autumn gal anyhow! That what you get when you start with brown eggs!

After we stuffed our faces with chocolates...we headed to the upstairs upstairs room...aka...the Car Room!! Zach's special place and it was shared by those three boys...jumping on mattresses, crashing cars, giggles and shouts of, "MOM! Watch how fast I can run!"

Wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did just fine!! Looks like you are THE mom!!

    ReplyDelete