Monday, August 23, 2010

...and then we were 5!

Oh, boy! These past few weeks have been a whirlwind! When summer was dragging along, I was huge, couldn't breathe, couldn't chase after my Zachy, was sweaty all of the time and just plain pooped! Lucky for me, August arrived and with it, Grammies & Grampies, our DADA, Uncle Bob and new brothers (In that order!)!!!

DSC07430DSC07432DSC07434 DSC07435

 DSC07436

DSC07437

DSC07438

DSC07440

DSC07458

Because we were having twins (naturally…as people like to call it!), the Dr. thought it would be a good idea to induce me…I guess you have to have a double set up and I have to deliver in an OR in case an emergency c-section is required!  Lucky for our little family, Daddy Jim arrive on 8/7 at our home just before 8:00 pm…we got to spend all day, 8/8, as a little family of 3.  I think it was perfect for Zachary to get that time with us together again!

Sooooo…August 9, 2010, we woke up at 5:00 am and call the L&D to make sure there was “room at the inn” and they called us in…Unfortunately, by the time we got there 1 hour later, there was no room and we had to wait a couple of hours (which I heard about from Jim every 15 minutes…he was peeved that he could have slept in….AND gotten breakfast or a Starbucks!). 

By 8:20, we were called back and put into a room right across the hall from the OR entrance…makes sense now!  I was given my epidural around 10:30 am and my waters were broke around 12:30…the Doc thought that I would go any minute…in fact, Jim was eating a sandwich when she came in to break the waters (strange that he was actually eating) and she said, “Finish your sandwich Jim, this is going to be fast!”…NOT SO!!!!  I labored all day at 6 cm…finally at 6:00, they switched out my bag of pitocin and my contractions finally kicked up…at 7:40 (after sending EVERYBODY home at 7:30…LOL), my Doc came in and saw me and said, “Now that’s a face that is ready to have some babies!”…I was in the OR by 7:48 and at 8:34 pm we welcomed Trevor James into the world and 3 minutes later, at 8:37 pm, we welcome Brandon James.  They are perfect and our family is complete! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates. I am happy that you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete