Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Boys!

I try and take these boys with me as much as possible…they get to see so much and experience so many things…it really is good for their brains to interact with life in this way…stimulus…it’s a good thing…even when mommy takes them to the “hardware store” and does this:

019

Hey…isn’t life about making memories and having a few laughs…OK, really, a whole lot of laughs!  I’m not perfect…I get mad sometimes, I laugh too loud, talk too loud, speak my mind, show too much cleavage, swear, have too much to drink, offer empty threats, am maybe slightly a perfectionist, a little OCD, yeah, maybe one person thinks I should discipline differently swinging from one side of the spectrum to the other…well, the truth is, I could go on and on…but when it is all said and done, I want to be able to look back and realize I took those times and made them special…I stopped to look at the frog…that I remembered that these days don’t last forever…that I won’t always be # 1 (oh, heartbreaking), that they won’t always want kisses and cuddles from me…period.  To hear these giggles fill my house really reminds me that I am living the best days of my life…sure, some days are tougher than others, but what do we live for?  It will go by so so fast and before I know it, they’ll be in their own homes…and I’ll wish I was chasing those little giggles around the couch playing peek-a-boo or sitting on a big stuffed pillow making pig noises or cuddling a sick boy close to my chest or watching those chubby little fingers throwing rocks into the river or being woken with a “Mommy, I just love you” at 5:30 am or running back to the house for “one more kiss”…No, I’m not perfect, but one thing I do perfectly is LOVE THESE BOYS.

001

021020

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. And yes, it goes by too fast and before you know it, they have other things in their life. You don't get those moments back. The days are long, but the weeks are shorter, and the years are even shorter!!!

    ReplyDelete