Friday, February 8, 2013

Golf time!!!

The new school in our neighborhood is beautiful!!  I would LOVE to send my boys there, but it’s just too expensive for pre-school…BUT, they do have some super fun after school activities where we can just walk to the school, let the twins play in their playground and also LEARN something (like Mandarin…or golf!!!).  Zachary was THRILLED to be able to take up golf.  If you remember his enthusiasm for soccer last year…it waned after one lesson and was more of a burden every week!!!  Well, not with golf…he is THRILLED EVERY week to go!  Upon signing up, this was our conversation…

Z:  Is golf today? 

Me:  No, it’s in 2 sleeps.

Z:  TWO SLEEPS?!  What?  Is that a long time?

Me:  No, 2 sleeps…

the next night…barely able to fall asleep…whispering with a big smile on his face…

Z:  Tomorrow I have golf!

the next morning when he woke up…

Z:  Today I have golf.  What time is it?  Is it right after school?

Me:  No, it’s after your brother’s nap.

Z:  Why?  I want it to be after school…

and his idea about WHY he wants to golf…

Z:  Well, I want to golf because my papa’s and my grampie and my daddy golf.  Boys golf.  Boys like to golf and hit each other’s butts and then drink beer after they play golf.  I want to get really good at golf so that I can play with Daddy & my papa’s and grampies and uncles and we can all hit each other’s butts and drink beers…

By George…this boy REALLY gets what golf is all about!!!

So, here are a few photos of his first lesson…and he kept asking me to videotape him…so I did!

079 (2)083 (2)092 (2)095 (2)102 (3)

First Golf Lesson!
VIDEOTAPE ME!!! RECORD ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment